- Financial operations experience is a must
- A thorough functional and conceptual understanding of equity and fixed income products
- The ideal candidate is analytical with experience in improving operational processes (6 sigma type of training would be helpful).
- The ideal candidate will have displayed the ability to understand and concisely explain complex issues, and processes, such that stakeholders up and down the seniority chain are able to understand issues and processes.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and service skills
- Critical thinking and active learning: Ability to identify basic problems and establish new solutions. Taking ownership of one's career by supplementing knowledge and skills both on the job and in the classroom.
The Asset Servicing Associate serves as a subject matter expert in regards to Corporate Actions Wealth Management. The ability to ensure timeliness and quality of corporation action announcements; generating appropriate bookkeeping entries for entitled holders, reconciliation and resolution of residual differences. Applicants should have the ability and drive to provide exception service for Financial Advisors, their Support staff, and other Operational counterparts. Other responsibilities would include risk analysis and mitigation, assisting in process improvement initiatives, process documentation, compilation and distribution of various management and regulatory reports.
- Data Integrity and Validation (ability to identify anomalies and potential risk)
- In addition, an individual should understand process drivers and elements of risk inherent to specific processes. Works to augment and enhance technical skills as needed.
- Client impact: An understanding of how an individual's processes impact the overall client experience. Provides input in defining client needs and implements solutions. Correspondence to client inquiries (both internal and external clients) occurs in a timely and professional manner.
- Communication Skills: The ability to express ideas clearly, demonstrating the capacity to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ownership and initiative: The ability for an individual to work independently without supervision. Is accountable for individual assignments and element of team results. Possess the ability to create and implement ideas that lead to positive change. Seeks involvement on projects/responsibilities outside immediate scope of responsibilities.
- Efficiency and teamwork: The ability to complete tasks in a timely and accurate manner, utilizing available tools to expedite the process. Contribute analytical capability and/or knowledge and experience to problem resolution and idea generation.
- Working knowledge of Morgan Stanley systems and policies
- In-depth knowledge of Asset Servicing processing routines, systems, and methods for all functions.
- Sound reconciliation, specifically relating to general ledgers and analytical skills with understanding of systems dependencies and downstream financial impact.