Our client is a well-known Retailer with over $4B in annual sales.
Senior Analyst, Strategic Planning
The Senior Analyst, Strategy is responsible for gathering, analyzing, and organizing information to assist the company in business planning, program evaluation, and strategic planning. The position conducts research to determine feasibility of proposals or to identify factors requiring amendment. The position tracks industry and competitive trends to spot emerging market opportunities, and maintains and develops databases and analytics utilized for strategic and business planning efforts, decision-making and improvement opportunities.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Identify, analyze, and monitor issues that affect profitability, growth, and productivity within the company.
- Access and conduct studies, prepare reports, and give advice on feasibility, cost effectiveness, and regulatory conformance of long- and short-range strategic; plan proposals, special projects, and ongoing programs to achieve the organization's growth and profitability objectives.
- Conduct field investigations, economic surveys, demographic studies, or other appropriate research to gather required information.
- Review and evaluate materials, such as environmental impact statements, construction specifications, or budget or staffing estimates, to determine additional data requirements.
- Organize and analyze data from all sources, using statistical methods to ensure validity of results.
- Evaluate information to determine feasibility of proposals or to identify factors requiring amendment.
- Conduct financial forecasting, market analysis, and competitive intelligence analysis.
- Track industry and competitive trends, develop forecasting models and scenario analysis, examine strategic performance, spot emerging market opportunities, identify business threats, look for novel strategic solutions, and develop creative action plans.
- Maintain and develop databases and analytics utilized for strategic and business planning efforts, decision-making and improvement opportunities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Ability to work constructively and independently.
- Ability to work across multiple teams and platforms and have a balanced mix of analytical, technical and business skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects with multiple deadlines.
- Excellent analytical, planning and organization/time management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication (written, verbal) skills.
- Proven ability to prioritize and meet milestones.
Education: Four-year college degree, or equivalent knowledge gained through formal education, specialized training, or additional job experience.
Experience: Three years of directly related experience