Our client, located in Chicago Illinois is seeking a Sr. Accountant candidate who will be responsible for the monthly general ledger close, monthly statistics, balance sheet and income statement analysis, and balance sheet and income statement financial statement package. Assist in preparation of annual audit schedules and financial statements as assigned by the Controller. Assist in the annual budget preparation. Assist in special projects as assigned by the Controller.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Full responsibility of the general ledger month-end close and presentation of the balance sheet and income statement results and analysis to the Controller.
- Full responsibility for the preparation of General Ledger entries and reconciliations for month-end closing to close books in a timely manner.
- Full responsibility for analyzing financial statements on a monthly basis and reporting on variances;
- Preparation of a monthly account analysis of balance sheet and income statement accounts;
- Assists in preparation of annual audit schedules.
- Provides courteous service to internal/external customers in all activities.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Understands and adheres to the Hospital’s compliance standards as they appear in the Compliance Policy, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest Policy.
- Keeps abreast of all pertinent federal, state and Hospital regulations, laws, and policies as they presently exist and as they change or are modified.
- Ensures that the staff are trained and evaluated on their knowledge of and adherence to compliance policies and procedures specific to their jobs.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university in Accounting required
- Three or more years related hospital accounting experience and/or training preferred;
- Experience using Meditech desirable
- CPA certification highly desired
For consideration please submit a copy of your resume to: email@example.comClick here to apply online