SLP - Speech Language Pathologist
- Assumes ultimate responsibility for rehabilitation service operations within assigned facility.
- Responsible for service and operational excellence of all assigned activities to ensure the delivery of quality services and/or outcomes required to meet or exceed the expectations of those utilizing or are impacted by our rehab departments.
- Attend required meetings included but not limited to: Morning meeting, UR meeting, Triple Check, QAPI, IDT, PPS, and Resident at Risk.
- Responds to appeals/denial claims promptly and accurately.
- Oversee team patient treatment productivity and perform action as directed as per established benchmarks
- Ensures accuracy and timely completion of end of the month reconciliation for rehabilitation billing.
- Participate in recruiting efforts of new staff, orient new employees, and perform annual reviews for therapy staff.
- Plans, organizes and directs operational activities of Rehabilitation Services; implements system-wide strategic initiatives. Identifies program development needs of individual facilities and assists staff in implementation.
- Responsible for integrating the strategic plan of the organization with the business operations.
- Reviews the quality and appropriateness of the total services delivered and of individual therapy programs for effectiveness and efficiency, using predetermined criteria.
- Provides management oversight for the development of high quality, cost effective clinical programs within areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for all aspects of service line programs/activities, including program development, patient satisfaction and performance improvement activities.
- Develops and fosters effective collaboration between facility departments, clinical staff leadership and other affiliates services (inside and outside of the facility) to ensure an integrated approach to providing services and fulfilling the center’s goals and objectives.
- Develops and implements strategic plans to accurately forecast revenues, expenses and capital requirement for service lines.
- Manages annual budgets and benchmarks for the areas of responsibility and performs periodic cost and productivity analysis.
- Develops new business strategies to enhance market share and improve overall performance of the areas of responsibility.
- Markets the service lines to physicians and community to achieve projected volumes and market growth.
- Works through the management team and clinical staff leadership, serving to help reduce cost, enhance revenues, increase patient satisfaction, achieve effective utilization and quality goals and objectives, analyze and utilize information to develop and support management decisions.
- Implements and ensures compliance with policies and procedures as it relates to rehabilitation services.
- Develops and maintains staffing plans based upon volumes, patient acuity, anticipated workload, skill-mix and competency requirements.
Contact: Aaron Rodriguez, Recruiter
Main (512) 444 6400 x92 Direct Dial (214) 618 5007