Reporting to the Vice President, Specialized Division of a diverse transportation solutions provider. With over $150 million in revenue ($40 million in brokerage), the company has 150 employee’s, 410 owner operators (270 van, 80 open deck/short haul, 60 local dedicated) operating from the corporate terminal and 9 terminals located throughout the US.
The Specialized Transportation Sales Executive is a hunter responsible for the sales and marketing of the specialized transportation (open deck) fleet to hunt for new business and maintain current relationships with customers. Identifies new markets and customer leads and develops a strong sales pipeline. Negotiate rates with customers under the guidance of the VP, Specialized Division. Onboard new customers, ensuring a smooth transition. Solicit loads from current customers. Bring solutions to the table for closing new business; knowing when to escalate. Communicates with department managers to assess and distribute current information on the development and needs of customers. Meet performance metrics to fill new customer pipeline for prospects, leads which includes phone call quotas per day. Meet monthly sales goals and achieve monthly scorecard goals. Travel as needed, including quarterly visits to Corporate HQ. Background Required:
Background Preferred (but not required):
- Transportation open deck sales (3 years)
- Proven hunter sales mentality
- Sales tools to generate prospects & new business (i.e., ZoomInfo)
- Time & territory management reporting process
- Proven track record of producing profitable growth.
- Demonstrated ability closing new business.
- Pricing logic & analysis
- National account exposure
- Computer literate: Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, & Outlook
- Residence: Remote (Home Office) USA
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
- Owner operator environment
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Self-starter - entrepreneurial
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Hard worker with a drive for results who can persevere in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Strong work ethic and sense of integrity, trustworthy.
- Excellent customer service skills.
If you are interested in this opportunity but you’re not ready to apply, please email the Practice Leader provided below with your questions.Contact:
Managing Director: Larry Wainscott
330.664.9400, ext.125Click here to apply online