The years of experience can range from 4-7. The key is that the candidates are still able to be groomed and molded a bit – not candidates who have been managing for years already.
• 5+ years of relevant experiences as Business Analyst in the Finance department of an investment bank / financial services company.
• Project Management working experience on Finance type projects
• Finance/Accounting/Regulatory Experience - A good understanding of the finance function and processes of a financial service organization, examples: General Ledger, accounting/finance processes, US GAAP/IFRS, regulatory reporting. Federal Reserve reporting experience is a plus.
• Strong data analysis and problem solving skills are required to perform data quality gap analysis, root cause issue analysis, and data reconciliations.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• Excellent soft skills with experience working across groups
• Exposure to SAP GL or other GL applications a plus
This resource specification is for a Business Analyst/Project Manager (BA/PM) that would work in the Global Corporate Controllers Organization (GCC), which is responsible for the end to end delivery of programs.
The BA/PM would act as the point person between Finance, Operations, Reference Data and the technology teams during all phases of the program management life cycle:
1) Initiation phase
2) Requirement & analysis phase
3) Design and build phase
4) Testing phase
5) Implementation phase
The BA/PM would be responsible for the successful completion of the following tasks:
• Documentation of the current state processes, business requirements including the target state processes
• Performing data quality gap analysis
• Planning and executing the testing phase with all stakeholders (testing approach, test plan, cases, testing metrics)
• Facilitating the transition to Business As Usual (BAU) processes to Finance
• Meeting preparation with the stakeholders raising appropriate status, risks, and issues