Work Location: 1 New York Plaza, New York, New York 10004
Duration: 12 months
50 hours a week
Institutional Securities Group Product Operations
Institutional Securities Group Product Operations (ISGPO) partners closely with Sales & Trading and our Clients to process daily activities, develop and implement new products and services, as well as drive efficiency and reduce risk in our processes.
Trade & Transaction Reporting Operations
Trade & Transaction Reporting Operations (TTRO) delivers the appropriate diligence and governance over the Firm’s global transaction reporting obligations. TTRO is charged with ensuring the completeness, accuracy and timeliness of the Firm’s trade and transaction reporting and is comprised of teams globally supported by a selection of vendors and third party service providers.
As the Centre of Excellence for Transaction Reporting, TTRO are engaged in the development of platforms and processes supporting upcoming regulatory change in a high focus, rapidly evolving environment. Supporting a broad stakeholder base, TTRO liaise with various internal and external counterparties daily, including other Operations teams, Sales and Trading, Non-Market Risk leads, Legal and Compliance teams, Information Technology, trade organizations such as ISDA, AFME and FIA, and Industry utilities such as DTCC and Unavista. The criticality of the function ensures senior management engagement and secures a high profile for those in the team.
Role Description & Responsibilities
- The candidate will work with key stakeholders and subject matter experts across all disciplines within Operations and the firm to understand their priorities and align the outcome of the program with the organization's overall business goals
- Demonstrates a detailed knowledge of the processes, projects, systems, markets and instruments that influence their team.
- Analyzes and exposes ambiguous or complex issues, identifies root causes and proposes future actions.
- Ensures Compliance Courses and Policies are completed on a timely basis.
- May be required to build and manage relationships on a day to day level with Business Unit partners, other infrastructure departments, and external contact points in Client organizations.
- Produce functional change specifications in line with best practice standard to meet project delivery
- Prepare user acceptance test cases, coordinate user testing and review test evidence with all the impacted stakeholders
- Develop product, functional and system expertise for the given programs
- Interface with SME's and ensure the regulations, legal & compliance interpretation and business requirements are clearly documented and understood
Skills that You Bring
- You are able to handle multiple work streams and prioritize effectively.
- You actively look for new opportunities for self-development and career progression.
- You show dedication to learn from experience and mistakes; actively seek out feedback and adjust behavior accordingly.
- You are aware of the long term impact of regulatory environment and market changes on the business. You make plans where appropriate to adapt control processes and procedures.
- You can identify the right levels of control and measures required, building a strong yet flexible workflow.
- You actively ensure existence of mitigating controls and take personal responsibility for enhancing processes.
- You combine clear and appropriate escalation with suggestions on appropriate risk reduction strategies.
- You consistently exceed expectations and respond actively and positively to changing circumstances
- Proven track record of large scale change management within a regulatory reporting environment
- In depth understanding of the project management methodologies across the delivery life-cycle
- Knowledge of the front-to-back trade life-cycle
- Ability to develop strong relationships and personal credibility with stakeholders and understand how their needs and requirements can be incorporated into the delivery of the solution