1. Very proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
2. Experience in operations or as a product controller for fixed income products
3. Good communication skills. They will be interacting with the desk and management frequently so they will need to be able to present themselves clearly and confidently.
Desirable Skills / Attributes:
• Knowledge / Familiarity with Sales & Trading / Broker-Dealing business model
• Basic Knowledge of Credit Products (Corporates, Municipals, Securitized Products and Credit Derivatives), or desire to learn
• Pro-Active and Results Oriented
The primary function will be to liaise between the Credit Complex trading desk, within the Fixed Income Division, and its support functions - which include: operations, controllers, IT, compliance, etc.
In addition to the primary function the candidate will also be responsible for the below:
· Monitoring the desk’s risk on a daily basis
· Assisting on presentations for senior management
· Compiling and cleansing data for the development of web based pages for management
· Reviewing P&L to ensure its accuracy
· Ad hoc projects for the COO group and desk heads
The candidate would ideally have 2-3 years of operations or financial controller experience with fixed income products.