Special Assistant/Administrative Assistant -
Location: McLean, VA
Type / Hours: 6-month contract
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Special Assistant/Administrative Assistant. This is an at-will contract position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry-leading talent in a world-class environment.
- Provide direct executive administrative support to a principal or group of principals whose scope of responsibility, span of influence, and impact requires the SA to initiate outreach and interactions primarily with executives and other personnel from within, and superior to, the supported principal’s organization, and with a diverse mix of internal and external contacts.
- Proactively manage the principal’s calendar and unscheduled demands on the principal’s time, and preparing the principal for meetings.
- Train and guide other SAs primarily from within the supported organization.
- Providing, coordinating, and/or overseeing administrative support to others on the supported principal’s staff.
ACTIVE Clearance (TS-SCI w/Poly)
· Calendar/Staffing Management
· Principal Support
· Liaison for the supported principal
· Correspondence/Records Management
· Meeting/Event Preparation
· Travel Planning and Coordination
· Support mandatory compliance/training requirements
· General Office Support
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Extensive working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and other tools in order to format and adapt submitted correspondence for ease of presentation. Ability to track edits and multiple versions of documents.
- Working knowledge of travel activities to support planning and scheduling of travel arrangements.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner, sufficient to convey moderately complex ideas and information on technical/administrative mission-related issues in a well-organized, logical, concise, credible and courteous manner that is appropriate for the situation, topic, and listener, and consistent with the principal’s perspective or position.
- Writing skills sufficient to compose accurate, comprehensive, soft and hard copy written products on moderately complex or sensitive subjects, tailored for the audience.
- With guidance from the Government, representational skills (tact, diplomacy, protocol) to confidently, respectfully, and professionally represent principal, area of assignment, and/or Agency at mission-related meetings, events, and forums.
- Critical thinking skills sufficient to make sound and timely recommendations and/or decisions in unique situations, considering alternate actions.
- Analytical skills sufficient to analyze complicated and/or sensitive information to address moderately complex mission-related issues.
- Research skills sufficient to exploit internal resources, the Internet, and other conventional and unconventional sources.
- Collaboration skills to work with others on activities or projects.
- Negotiation and interpersonal skills to effectively de-conflict and resolve moderately complex mission-related technical or administrative issues or concerns.
- Organizational skill and attention to detail sufficient to plan, coordinate, track, and execute moderately complex work.
- Time management skills to meet and adapt to changing requirements and shifting priorities, with general guidance from the principal or others.
- Ability to discern nuances in the scope and sensitivity of issues, ask targeted questions to gain a thorough understanding, and take appropriate action.
- Ability to independently respond to mission-related requests, issues or concerns, or task appropriate personnel to respond.
- Ability to operate successfully in a moderate to fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to exercise tact, diplomacy, discretion, and confidentiality in interactions with all level of contacts within and outside the organization.
- Ability to establish, maintain, and leverage contacts and professional relationships to accomplish duties.
- Ability to adapt to changing work requirements and priorities.
Experience: Four to five (4-5) years of progressively responsible administrative support experience with at least one to two (1-2) years of administrative support at the executive level.
Education: Required: High School Diploma or GED Preferred: Associates or Bachelors’ degree
ACTIVE Clearance (TS-SCI w/Poly)