If you are an ambitious supply chain professional with a great desire to continue learning and growing, this is the company for you! We are looking for an outstanding individual that enjoys working in a progressive growth environment. The Sourcing Specialist will work directly with internal and external stakeholders in pursuit of value chain optimization to drive performance, cost reduction, quality improvement, and customer satisfaction.
This role reports to the Director of Strategic Sourcing & Supply Chain.
- Achievement of the business' key performance indicators for key suppliers on-time delivery, inventory turns, and cost savings.
- Identify and build long-term relationships with Strategic Suppliers and drive early supplier engagement into the Company's New Product Development (NPD) process.
- Leverage analytics, standardization, and latest industry/best in class supply chain models to meet all sourcing initiatives, including identifying and implement cost savings plans.
- Perform comprehensive cost analysis of components and processes to ensure the implementation of high quality and low-cost solutions.
- Partner with the Company's Buyers to monitor supplier quality, delivery performance, and develop improvement strategies.
- Initiate supplier business reviews with strategic suppliers; communicate opportunities for improvement and action plans.
- Assist with the negotiation of supplier contracts an manage all requirements of special terms and conditions.
- Administer the creation of new suppliers in our ERP system, manage the supplier creation documents.
- Executes and signs off on engineering change orders in the ERP system as assigned.
- Lead supplier audits as necessary.
- Support and mentor purchasing agents.
- Actively participate in process improvement projects.
- Perform other duties or responsibilities as requested or required.
- This role requires a bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering or related field or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years previous purchasing experience in a Low Volume – High Mix
- manufacturing environment.
- Global Sourcing experience (Asian Region preferred).
- Electrical motor sourcing experience.
- Strong ability to think critically, communicate clearly and effectively both verbally & in writing.
- Comprehensive knowledge of manufacturing industry practices and processes.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office products, especially Excel, Word & ERP systems experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work closely within a team environment.