endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Sourcing Project Manager
The Sourcing Project Manager will be responsible for developing the Sourcing Plan, leading and coordinating Launch Readiness activities, and for meeting overall cost and time targets for successful product launches. This role will require a high degree of knowledge of Sourcing/Procurement areas and different manufacturing processes and will require travel to domestic and foreign locations.
- Coordinate and represent the Sourcing Team in Product Development (DPDP), Manufacturing (MFP) projects, and Traded Product Outsourcings.
- Responsible to develop the “Sourcing Plan” with the key milestones for the project
- Responsible to meet overall given cost and timing targets for successful product launch.
- Develop and implement standard templates for the tracking of Cost of Purchased Materials and Investments (TCO, landed cost, tooling / scheduled amortization, R&D, etc.) in a given project.
- Report to Sourcing Leadership, Product Management / Product Development, Project Management Office on all sourcing KPI’s and the different phases of the project.
- Raise awareness of potential delays and risks to achieve project key milestones and deliverables, due to Sourcing activities or Supplier related matters.
- Coordinate detailed status reviews among the Sourcing and project functional stakeholders.
- Coordinate key actions within Sourcing Team related to Project Pipeline, Supply base reduction, VA/VE, Supply Agreements and Code of Conduct compliance, among others.
- Contribute with alternatives and suggestions to the Product Mgmt/Design, Manufacturing, and Sourcing teams with respect to supply base, manufacturing solutions, outsourcing opportunities and Make vs Buy studies.
- Lead and coordinate Launch Readiness activities with Category Management team for all newly recommended suppliers or existing players in order to meet project deliverables, reporting progress and enhancing visibility of critical activities to the leadership team.
- Support the scouting process of new suppliers (manufacturing capabilities, quality process, cost, financials), and develop prospects locally for specific Project needs and Manufacturing Operations strategies.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Four-year degree, preferably in Business, Supply Chain, Finance or Engineering
- Master Degree desirable (completed or in process)
- Familiar with and motivated by the Commercial side of Business (Strategic Sourcing and Project Management)
- In-depth knowledge of Sourcing/Procurement areas and different manufacturing processes.
- Minimum 5-8 years in a manufacturing company in areas like Sourcing/Purchasing and or Engineering, Project/Program Management; Product Development, and Supplier Development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills, problem solving, experience in business case and project financial analysis, strong project management and presentation/reporting skills.
- Computer skills are a must. Proficiency required with MS Excel (formulas, pivot tables, large data consolidation and analysis, charts, summary reports), MS Project, MS PowerPoint, and some experience with MRP systems or Supplier Spend or Risk Management databases.
- Mobility 40% traveling within Mexico & US, locations or Supplier visits.
- Availability to travel overseas for 1 or 2 weeks, up to twice a year.
- Preferable experience in international trips and Supplier development in low cost countries.
- Drive for Project coordination and execution – Lead with example, take the initiative.
- Forward thinking – Strategic Mindset