30-year-old, multi-million-dollar retailer of products for home, hearth, yard and garden, marketed via catalog, internet and retail stores. Their products cover indoor and outdoor rooms, gardens, pets, personal comfort and care, safety and emergencies, weather instruments, storage solutions and gifts. They have remained dedicated to the same principles that have guided them from the beginning, and to which they attribute their success: honesty, integrity and most importantly, their commitment to customer service.
Key liaison for day-to-day global sourcing operations and for working with vendors and cross-functional partners at overseas offices. Oversee the production of product for initial concept sample through delivery. Partner with vendors/suppliers and company merchant team to ensure that the product maintains both brand aesthetic and meets or surpasses quality, margin and delivery targets. Domestic and international travel is required with this position. Role requires outstanding written and verbal communication skills and a proficiency in English and Mandarin.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partners with the Home Brands Merchant Team as well as overseas and domestic vendors/suppliers to understand vision, values, goals and strategies for the brand.
- Collaborates with vendors/suppliers and Merchant Team to seek innovative ideas, design techniques, applications and materials to drive product innovation.
- Identifies opportunities for cost savings and/or efficiencies in sourcing and works with Manager to recommend alternative opportunities.
- Strives to continuously expand knowledge of product diversity opportunities with vendors/suppliers and expand product knowledge/expertise. Seeks to become an expert in all key sourcing regions.
- Monitors product set up, purchase order creation and maintenance processes with bottom line accountability for the integrity and accuracy of all data entered into MAGIC product management system.
- Tracks and reports status on product progress against target milestones and provides visibility to management on adherence, recommending course of action as appropriate to protect delivery needs.
- Identifies conflicts with target milestones and works with vendor and merchant team to surface best possible resolutions. Drives two-way communication between vendor/supplier and Merchant Team; troubleshoots exceptions and delays proactively.
- Coordinates with logistics team and suppliers to resolve shipping issues.
- Maintains contact with vendor/suppliers to follow-up and verify the accuracy of provided data, resolve routine issues and ensure vendor alignment with Children’s Group processes and procedures.
- Works closely with internal and overseas partners to manage the timeline and total production process for brand or categories from initial concept sample through delivery.
- Maintains contact with vendor/suppliers to follow up on placements in line with established timeline to ensure product specifications, quality standards, deadlines and deliveries are met as contracted.
The requirements listed below represent the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required, to perform job function:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year college or university and 1-2 years related retail product sourcing or development experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prefer previous exposure to sourcing and production of multiple product categories, preferably within Home, and experience effectively communicating with manufacturers and suppliers.
- Work experience in catalog and e-commerce a plus.
- Bilingual proficiency in English and Mandarin Chinese.
- Computer Skills – Proficient in, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook); prefer experience with order management and forecasting systems.
- Analytical Skills – Proactive, with ability to use thinking and reasoning to resolve a problem.
- Communication – Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Detail Oriented – Ability to organize, prioritize, multitask, and excel in a fast-paced team environment.
- Time Management – Ability to manage multiple shifting priorities and large workloads and maintain an important level of productivity.
- Extended occasional travel required domestically and internationally.