Reporting to the Senior VP Supply of Business Development for one of the top 100 third party logistics providers. With over 500 associates in 25 locations, including northern Kentucky, Ohio, and Indiana. Warehousing fulfillment, packaging, value added services, and transportation management.
The Solutions Engineer: is responsible for the design of warehousing and transportation solutions from concept to construction ready for basic pallet in and pallet out. Working directly with sales and operations cross functionally to ensure pricing models are all inclusive. Analyze and interpret client data with highly manual operations to complex omni-channel operations which include automation solutions, space planning, and layout design. Also responsible for developing models, simulations, and emulate processes to prove design assumptions. Challenge is to provide timely solutions for external clients. Background Required:
Background Preferred (but not required):
- Direct experience in supply chain engineering network optimization (Warehousing & Transportation) (5yrs)
- Expert knowledge and usage of warehouse layout drawing in AutoCAD
- Effective communication skills and proven success interacting with the client.
- Metrics/KPI’s (i.e., pricing, delivery, costs, management fee, unit rate, storage and handling, and alternative methods) and utilization (or creation) of pricing models to cost a solution.)
- Advanced Processes & systems (Omni-channel)
- Respond business proposals (RFI, RFQ, RFP)
- Microsoft Suite (i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, & Outlook)
- Education: Industrial Engineering field or other Engineering field required.
- Residence: Florence, KY
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
- PMP designation preferred.
- Familiar with MOST for determining production rate estimates within operations
- ISM or APICS certified
- Advanced Degree: MBA
- Building relationships cross functionally (IT, Real Estate, Operations, Transportation, HR, Accounting)
- Continuous Improvement
- Financial Acumen
- Adaptable & Flexible
- Excellent communications (i.e., verbal, written, presentations)
- Team player (operates through consensus)
If you are interested in this opportunity but you’re not ready to apply, please email the Associate provided below with your questions.Contact:
Practice Leader: Erik Hammer
Warehousing & Distributionehammer@GlobalESG.com
330.664.9400, ext.143Click here to apply online