Solar Construction Project Engineer
POSITION: Project Engineer
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Operations
The Project Engineer position is responsible for assisting the VP of Developer/ Utility Operations and Project Managers with the successful management of Solar, BESS, and Microgrid Projects. The Project Engineer will participate in the conceptual development of a construction project and help to oversee its quality control, organization, scheduling, and implementation.
With direction from the Project Managers, the Project Engineer will help ensure projects schedules and submittals are properly documented, maintained, and communicated. The Project Engineer will help with purchasing materials for projects and coordinating the logistics of delivery with the Superintendents. The Project Engineer will be directly involved in safety initiatives.
- Support the management of construction projects for the installation of Photo Voltaic, Battery Energy Storage Systems, Microgrid, and other Distributed/Onsite Energy Systems.
- Assists in ordering material for the projects and placing purchase orders.
- Coordinate material and equipment logistics with the project superintendent
- Maintain and exceed labor production.
- Obtain Quotes/Bids/Estimates for all materials and labor for the PM’s approval.
- Identify and qualify subcontractors and vendors for assigned scopes of work.
- Communicates as required to ensure subcontractor and vendor work is being done by the contract.
- Interacts with Engineering and Estimating with feedback on estimates, cost, best practices, etc.
- Participate in design review meetings.
- Assist PM with managing the Project Superintendents to ensure a safe and quality project.
- Maintain daily paperwork (i.e. Field reports, schedule updates, and email correspondence)
- Save all project documents in the appropriate folders in the shared drives.
- Assist with updating project schedules and detailed cost reports to be reviewed with leadership at monthly project review meetings
- Be an active member of safety program.
- Assist in preparation of project close-out requirements including cost history, operation and maintenance manuals, punch-list management, and inspections.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or a combination of education and appropriate experience.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in construction
- Prefer an Electrical Background
- Will be required to effectively manage all essential job duties and meet assigned deadlines.
- Ability to maintain onsite project documentation
- Ability to schedule and coordinate all site work
- Must be well organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple sites
- Ability to read and understand drawings and specifications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact with people on all levels ensuring that all external and internal communication is carried out to a high standard.
- Highly motivated, driven, and results-oriented, with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- A conceptual knowledge of Racking systems, Panels, Inverters, DC wiring, AC wiring, Interconnection, DAS, Battery, Gensets, Turbines, ATS, Switchgear, NEC, Rapid Shutdown will be beneficial.
Willingness to travel: 100% required. 5 weeks on, 1 week off.
- Large % of time on job sites nationally as determined by the project manager
- Driver’s License, Required
- OSHA 30, required
- 401k with a match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Eligible for a discretionary bonus
Apply or email your resume to Ryan Adolph, firstname.lastname@example.org