Software System Engineer develops information systems by studying operations; designing, coding, developing, and installing software solutions; supports and develops software team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Responsible for multiple projects, complex and/or long duration projects and project teams made up of internal and external resources to deliver system solutions and services. Projects may vary to include the following: software development, system implementations, internal/cross functional department process improvement initiatives, and implementation of new product lines, or internal IT development
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Continuously look for, test and adopt the most updated & upcoming solutions to our IT development process
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Collaborate with outside vendors and contract workers to complete projects on time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Bachelor Degree: or its equivalent experience in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
EXPERIENCE and SKILLS
- Minimum 3-4 years experience in software design, programming, and testing
- Proficiency in software development
Dev-Ops – Support – Environment Management
Container management (Docker, Kubenetes, Fargate, etc.)
Multitude of databases (Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, KVS, etc.)
CI/CD piplines (Jenkins, etc.)
Github / Gitlab
Programming(Java, C#, Python, Swift, Node.js, etc.)
FrontEnd development (Vue.js, React, Angular, etc.)
Mobile development (Android and iOs)
Kowleadge of full text search / machine learning / deep learning
Other Technical Skill Set
App development as an enterprise developer
Agile development (Scrum, XP, etc.)
Task management tools (Monday, Trello, Jira, etc.)
Communication tools (Slack, etc.)
- Ability to be self motivated with a positive attitude and a solid work ethic
- Strong analytical reasoning skills, especially on intricate systems
- Willingness to work with a dynamic and fast paced result focused team
- Fluent in English and Japanese
- Excellent presentation and writing skills
- Strong computer proficiency such as Microsoft Office (Excel / PowerPoint) or Google Docs
- High sense of urgency. Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to travel locally and to travel out of the area
- Authorized to work in the US