Design, develop and execute test procedures in an integrated testing environment. This specific assignment will emphasize execution of documented test cases.
- Create new test scenarios while making sure requirements are met.
- Understand integration points, and ensure test scenarios cover all platforms, transactions, and interfaces.
- Generate requirements for the testing environment, making sure final software product and deliverables are tested in the integrated environment.
- Perform system and data analysis and propose solution to customer issues. Generating test data as needed.
- Work with customers and other SMEs to understand concepts and operations in order to understand the testing and validation needs.
- Document defects/issues encountered, capturing steps to recreate, document outcome and provide information to the development team for solution.
- Understand the need for control and repeatability and act accordingly making sure issues are properly documented, recreated, and demonstrated to insure fixes are addressing the defects encountered.
- Quality Center, Excel, Word, Teams
- Extensive experience in Retail in-store applications
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Ability to query data within Oracle, DB2, SQL, Postgres, MongoDB, Accumulo, and such (required)
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Understanding of Software development methodologies and practices, including Agile development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Experience with version control system like Perforce, GIT
- Experience with Git, TFS, and/or other source control systems
- Demonstrated experience with application lifecycle management (ALM) tools such as TFS, HP Quality Center, Rally, Jira Agile or similar
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Proficient in at least one scripting language (PowerShell, Python, Ruby, Perl)