Software Engineering Manager – Electronics Manufacturer – San Antonio, TX
This innovative manufacturer is a global provider of engine-driven management, protection, monitoring and control solutions. They offer an extensive line of engine instrumentation products and engine control development expertise. The company is committed to the environment and achieving the full satisfaction of their customers though their pursuit of continuous improvements in quality and productivity.
The Software Engineering Manager will engage with customers and departments such as sales and applications to develop new software features and respond to software related questions. They will utilize a team of software engineers to achieve this. Reports directly to the Vice President of Engineering.
- Lead software development ranging from small to large projects while balancing execution efficiency, memory consumption, and maintainability
- Write embedded C code for engine controllers and other electro-mechanical devices
- Contribute to the software libraries and tools used on embedded platforms
- Enhance interdisciplinary skills and application knowledge to support software feature definition and product development
- Provide guidance to team members both on a regular basis and during yearly employee performance reviews
- Demonstrate effective direct communication methods with team members and managers
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering
- Master of Science or Ph.D. preferred
- 8+ years of relevant software engineering experience
- 3+ years of experience leading or managing a software team
- Proficient in C software development with a strong interest in writing embedded software for automotive application
- Solid electrical and mechanical engineering skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of model-based control systems
- Capable of reading and interpreting DC electrical system schematics
- Familiarity with internal combustion engine operation preferred
- Embedded microcontroller software development experience preferred
If interested, please apply directly to this posting.