endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Functional Safety Engineer
The global technology leader in ADAS (automated driver assistance systems) and Autonomous Vehicle Technology (all the cool new tech appearing in cars – cameras / radar / lidar / night vision / occupant sensing / level 2-4 autonomy is expanding rapidly and looking for an engineering professional who is a cut above for a key role on a new project.
Part of a $30b global super-power this division is US-based, lean and a pioneer. If you are looking to be at the cutting edge of technology this is the place for you!
What you'll do:
The Embedded Software engineer is responsible for embedded software design and development for RC&S (Restraint Control and Sensing) ECU software projects. This Engineer possesses excellent software skills, a strong sense of software development process, project leadership and character. This engineer has advanced functional knowledge of modern electronic control circuits and a thorough knowledge of microcontrollers. This engineer possesses strong programming skills in the C language, Real Time Operating Systems, software design methodologies and good understanding of assembly languages.
- Design, implement and test modular embedded software for 16/32/64 bit microcontroller based automotive ECU products
- Champion the quality, design, development and release of assigned software project elements in accordance of a process
- Evaluate change requests, analyze issues, perform basic functions of software design, code and test on assigned new features, change requests and defect fixes
- Establish and adhere to estimates in project work plan for assigned projects. Open mind to adopt to changing software release schedules and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Provide regular updates of assigned task progression to software lead for project planning, tracking and oversight
- Identify or propose product process or infrastructure improvements
- Contribute current status, relevant data and constructive opinion at team/section meetings; Exemplify consensus building and team-focused behavior
- Interface with product development teams located in various geographical locations
- Excellent people skills, ability to work well within an interdisciplinary team
- Tools: DOORS Requirements Management, Enterprise Architect, and Infineon Aurix Microcontroller tools (Compiler, Emulator, Simulator), QAC, Tasking Compiler, iSYSTEM WinIdea, and MKS Source Integrity, Autosar Builder, Davinci Configurator, codebeamer
What you'll bring:
- BS in Computer or Electrical Engineering, Master’s Degree preferred
- Five or more year's work experience in Embedded or real-time software development
- C and assembly programming for 16/32/64 bit micro-controllers
- Experience with device driver development (Flash, EEPROM, CAN, SPI, AD, etc.)
- Electronic test equipment (oscilloscope, function generator, power supply, etc.)
- Embedded software tools, debuggers, cross compilers, etc.
- Experience in developing embedded software for automotive ECUS
- Experience in industry standards like UDS Diagnostics, ISO262262, AUTOSAR
- Familiarity with Autosar and Vector Tools (Davinci Configurator, CANalyzer, CANoe, CANdela)
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.