Title: Software Engineer
City: New Brighton
Job Type: Contract
Job Code: EB-5338849237
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Software Engineer to work on-site with our client, a top-tier aerospace company in New Brighton, MN.
This is a contract position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry leading talent in a world-class environment.
- Data acquisition and control application development.
- Writing well documented & performing source code.
- Prepare documentation that meets organizational standards.
- Completing assigned tasks with supervision and in accordance with schedule
and budget requirements.
- Participating in design reviews.
- Providing ongoing feedback to management on deliverables.
- Practice a First-Time-Right approach for the preparation of design deliverables per the approved budget and schedule.
- Participate in peer code review and testing.
- Providing timely and complete information to the QA group to facilitate formal testing.
- Acquiring ongoing knowledge necessary to perform job assignments and to improve technology, products and processes.
- Participate in customer training as required.
- Product support through design, implementation, installation, and commissioning, with travel as required to worldwide sites and 24 hour phone support duties.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related.
- 1-3 years of experience.
- Structured programming background with software design experience in C++, C#.
- Experience with web technologies .NET, XML, HTML.
- Experience working with LAN based instrumentation including writing drivers for LAN based devices utilizing TCP/IP or UDP/IP.
- C/C++, C#, Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, XML
- Strong object-oriented design skills.
- Experience writing multi-threaded software.
- Good understanding of Internet/Web technology and client/server technology in regards to application development.
- Clear and effective written and oral communication with co-workers, management, manufacturers and customers.
- Proficient with Windows and Linux operating systems and SQL databases.
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls please.
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.