Software Engineer - Release/Configuration Management
Analyze users' needs and then design, test, and develop software to meet those needs. Recommend software upgrades for customers\' existing programs and systems. Design each piece of an application or system and plan how the pieces will work together.
Responsible for Configuration Management and Release Management.
- Collaborate with Dev/QA/Systems Engineering team members to ensure right builds are deployed to target environments without issues.
- Develop process/tools to minimize the deployment times and eliminate manual errors.
- Develop tools/scripts to automate deployments and smoke tests.
- Research and innovate new deployment strategies to implement CI/CD.
- Introduce/Implement project profiles on build servers for components using tools like Jenkins/VSTS/MSBuild/WixToolset.
- Generate builds and corresponding releases on TFS/Docker or other compatible tools for all the components.
- Leverage Ansible/Chef/Puppet like tools to perform Release Management & configuration management (SCM) activities for all the environments.
- Implement solutions on Cloud based infrastructure like Azure or AWS. Develop scripts using MSSQL/MySQL/Oracle and others.
- Development of CI/CD pipeline automation using tools like GitHub/Flyway/Jenkins/Selenium/SoapUI/Ansible/Octopus Deploy/Kubernetes/Artifactory/Azure/Nagios/Ganglia.
- Experience in Linux/Unix based application servers including JBoss/Wildfly, Tomcat, and expertise using Source Control tools like TFS, SVN, GIT, Nexus, Kallithea, RhodeCode etc.
- Excellent understanding of configuration build and deployment of applications based on Java and .Net Technologies using appropriate tools/resources.
- Knowledge to write DB queries, perform data validations and other validation scripts.
- Hands on experience with Agile methodology.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills and the ability to work in a team-based environment are essential. Desired Skills:- Docker, Unix/Linux, Team Foundation Server (TFS), Jenkins, WIN SCP, Visual Studio, Docker, Jenkins