Title: Software Engineer - GUI
Job Code: EB-1230776289
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Software Engineer to work on-site with our client, a leading government defense contractor in Arlington, TX.
This is a contract-to-hire position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry-leading talent in a world-class environment.
- This is a hands on software engineering position.
- The primary responsibility of this position is supporting the development of customer's Graphical User Interface (GUI).
- Job duties include product code generation, testing, and integration with other training environment components.
- The system includes 2D & 3D graphics and some of the product development will require utilizing graphic technologies.
- Candidate should be a fast learner with very strong analysis and problem-solving skills with the ability to carry tasks through to completion with only general technical direction.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related engineering, science, or math discipline.
- Experience with C++
- Experience with GUI development.
- General understanding of computer networking communications.
- OpenGL or Direct X experience.
- Solid understanding of Object Oriented languages and Design (OOD) concepts.
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Qt 4.8+ programming experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Experience developing graphical maps and plots in 2D and 3D.
- Experience with geospatial display software.
- General understanding of operating system concepts – multi-threading, events, semaphores, memory management, and system configuration
- Familiarity with Perforce and Atlassian tools a plus.
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls please.
As a W2 employee you will have access to health and 401k benefits.
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.