The Software Development Engineer will be the dedicated support engineer for the Software Engineering and Development team. As a member of the Software and Development team you will be mainly tasked with the creation, installation and the debugging of machine software.
This position requires a person with the ability to program a variety of PLCs, HMIs, such as Allen Bradley, Siemens and Omron. This position requires a person with extensive knowledge of Fanuc Robotics’ Karel language and Fanuc robot setup and programming knowledge.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Design, Install, test and commission of automation instrumentation and control systems.
• The programming and combination of various automation technologies into highly integrated systems that utilize robots, vision systems, PLCs, HMIs, etc.
• The design and development of database and interface applications that integrate our machine control systems with our customer’s production and data management systems.
• Prepare technical documents and design specifications for control systems and installations.
• Write reports, user/operator manuals and procedures.
• Work in collaboration with Electrical Designers and Mechanical Engineers for all projects.
• Perform robot setup for process specific applications.
• Work within project defined schedule and budget estimates.
• Involvement in controls, programming, motion, communication systems, electrical design, vision systems and robotic integration.
• Attend project review meetings.
• Represent Shape Process Automation in a professional and mature manner.
• Travel to commission and support systems at customer facilities.
• Travel may range from 10% - 50% annually. Travel does vary per team member.
• Elevated computer skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Solid knowledge with
• PLC’s (Allen Bradley, Studio5000 and RS Logix 500)
• Familiarity with Siemens, Omron and Mitsubishi.
• HMI’s (Red Lion, Crimson and Allen Bradley, FactoryTalk View)
• Familiarity with Siemens, Omron and Proface.
• Robot Programming (Fanuc Karel and Teach Pendant Logic)
• Willingness to travel for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to travel internationally. Mainly within North America.
EDUCATION / LICENSES:
• Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Robotics, Software Development or equivalent experience.
• If degreed must have at least 3 years of relevant industry experience. If not degreed in associated disciplines the candidate must have at least 8 years of relevant industry experience.
• Must have valid passport and driver’s license