endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Join a $18B global leading and rapidly growing organization as a Software Control Engineer. This position offers tremendous growth and visibility
The Software Control Engineer will be working on the development of control algorithms for All-wheel drive and drivetrain applications and actuators in support of production projects and vehicle demonstrations. This role includes requirement development, modelling/simulation, integration, testing, and tuning of the control algorithms for AWD products. This position will ensure that the controls of AWD products are properly specified/documented, designed, and tested to meet customer performance requirements.
- Work with OEM customer and internal engineering team in product development of Drivetrain products and control systems.
- Perform AWD Actuator, System, and Vehicle controls tuning to meet performance targets and requirements.
- Support System Specification based on Customer Requirements.
- Plan and Execute vehicle test and demonstration events.
- Responsible for system integration, performance, and validation in vehicle
- Perform system and control tuning analysis, modeling, and simulation.
- Execute system/control characterization, testing, and tuning through simulation, laboratory test bench (Hardware-in-the Loop), dynamometer, and vehicle.
- Support the development and modification of control algorithm requirements, architecture, design, and tests.
- Update/Create calibration/controls work products and documentation.
- Develop and Release calibration data sets, and associated reviews and work products according to AWD production project timing requirements and release schedule.
- Establish, execute, and deliver Calibration ADV Plan for the system/vehicle level validation
- Work with Customers, other departments, and internal project team members to ensure that program goals are met, schedules are maintained, and problems encountered during the development process are resolved.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering required, Master’s Degree preferred.
- 5+ years of engineering related experience
- Extensive experience and proficiency with automotive XCP protocol and measurement and calibration tools required; Vector CANape preferred.
- Proficient at working with Model-Based Development tools. Matlab Simulink/Stateflow preferred.
- dSPACE tools and software experience preferred
- Knowledge of Control Theory preferred
- Knowledge of embedded software and programming languages preferred
- Familiarity with automotive drivetrain systems and all-wheel drive coupling functions preferred
- Familiarity with automotive electrical systems (brush/brushless DC motors, solenoids, relays, electromagnetic coils, switches, indicators, etc.) preferred.
- Controls, Software, Electrical, and Mechanical system debugging skills required.
- Excellent Customer interfacing skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.