Social Media Operations and Insights Manager
Duration: 12 Months
Pay Rate: $45.19
Work Location: 1585 Broadway, New York, New York 10036
The Social Media Operations & Insights Manager is responsible for helping drive greater success and broader functionality on social media publishing across Morgan Stanley’s owned channels, which include Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube. The role is a combination of operations and strategy. The Manager will be responsible for leading social media analytics, developing a robust social listening program, managing our brand ambassador program, improving social media operations, and working with legal and compliance to expand our social media capabilities. With a new team in place that is reorienting the strategy for organic social media publishing, this person will come in at an exciting time and have a role in helping develop new ways of working that provide greater productivity and effectiveness toward KPIs. This role requires a performance-driven organizational dynamo who loves social media, and can double track improving current efficiency with looking ahead to future innovations. The Social Media Operations & Insights Manager will report to the Executive Director for Audience Acquisition & Growth Marketing, and work closely with another Social Media Manager who is responsible for writing, editing, approving social media content across channels. Note: This role is not primarily a social content creation role, but may be asked to step in to help in this from time to time.
- Assist the Executive Director and fellow Social Media Manager with rollout of a new strategy for social media, and socialization among digital strategy, marketing, corporate communications, and business units.
- Own and manage social media analytics--establishing key KPIs and benchmarks, and tracking performance against these goals; creating weekly, quarterly, and yearly dashboards on performance; and drawing insights from the data that can be used to create more effective content. Also, ensure social media content is tagged properly for tracking both in Sprinklr and in Adobe Analytics.
- Own and manage social listening strategy and execution via NetBase, developing weekly, quarterly, and yearly brand health reports on earned social mentions, plus quarterly audience or topic analysis. Assist Corporate Communications partners with crisis monitoring and early identification.
- Own and manage our brand ambassador program, run through LinkedIn Elevate, curating content on a weekly basis, supporting the onboarding of new business units and optimizing program against social team KPIs. Work with business unit representatives who maintain accounts for executives to ensure they have the most up to date best practices on social media and that we are leveraging these posts.
- Work with cross-functional partners in risk, compliance, legal, and technology to maintain appropriate governance on social media content; update current social media policies; and develop a social media product roadmap.
- Maintain social media policies and procedures, including legal policies, password management, platform onboarding; and approval workflows.
- Act as administrator for relevant social media software tools, including optimizing the tools, helping onboard new users from various businesses and regions, maintaining permissions, and assessing whether tool is meeting needs.
- Work with technology support team to quickly identify, ticket and QA any social media issues, such as outages on our side.
- Stay on top of current content and platform trends and functionality updates for our core social channels--Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn—and watch for new platforms that might be appropriate for reaching our audiences.
- Occasionally work on social content creative as needed and when Social Media Manager is out of office. Support development and workflow of large-scale campaign strategies in tandem with Social Media Manager.
- Minimum 3 years related professional experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a social media management, digital operations, or account management role at a digital agency
- Experience with analytics, particularly as they relate to social media
- Experience with social media management platforms; experience with Sprinklr a plus
- Understanding of what factors drive success on social media in 2019
- Strong PowerPoint skills required
- Strong attention to detail required
- Project management experience a plus
- Multitasking and organization are a must
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative personality, with equal interest in sharing talents as learning from others
- Sense of humor is a plus