Magellan Aerospace, Wrexham has an exciting opportunity for an Assembly Fitter- Skilled
- Full Time- Temp 6 Month Contract
- Double days shift
- Job location: Rackery Lane, Llay, Wrexham, LL12 0PB.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring visual inspection of parts for damage and full treatments coverage. Completing paperwork to provide that processes have been followed and working to SOP’s and 6 s standards will be a part of the core duties as well.
1 Ensuring adherence to Magellan UK departmental policies and corporate procedures
2 To adhere to company PPE policy
3 To report any HSE concerns through the SQDCP process
4 To ensure all waste(s) are disposed of safely and correctly
1 To follow production output metrics through the use of SQDCP board and processes
2 To deliver agreed output targets in line with work to lists and PACE boards reporting any failings through the use of the SQDCP process
3 The job requires the job holder to perform assembly operations on components in line with the training matrix
4 The job requires the job holder to interpret simple engineering drawings and specification sheets or follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) where provided
5 The job holder is responsible for ensuring the tools used for preparation and assembly are of sufficient quality to assemble to customer specification reporting any that are not prior to use
6 The job holder is responsible for ensuring the job card is signed and stamped for prior operations before any assembly work can be started
7 The job holder is responsible for cleaning and ensuring part is of an acceptable standard before submitting to Inspection
8 The job holder is responsible for the completion of all aspects of related operational documentation
1 To ensure the parts produced are in line with drawing and specification requirements reporting any that are not through the use of the NCR process
2 To ensure that all supporting documentation is maintained and used where provided to ensure the correct assembly of parts e.g. Visual Aids, Standard Operating Procedures, Drawings, Specifications
3 Support the MRB process through attendance and participation of A3 problem solving activities
4 To ensure all equipment that is calibrated is in date prior to use and reporting any that are not through the SQDCP process
5 To ensure the mixing and use of sealants in line with any traceability requirements, storage requirements and use by dates
1 To participate in TTT’s where objectives are to improve utilisation
2 To train and coach others in approved processes in line with the training matrix
1 Participate in CI / Lean events within production environment
2 Be active in identifying improvements within the assembly processes
1 To ensure the work area complies with the company wide 6S standards
2 Be active in identifying 6S improvements
The job holder should possess the following qualifications, skills and experience:-
- The job requires a basic level of education.
- The job requires the job holder to be a time served aircraft fitter with a minimum of 4 years’ experience
- The job requires the job holder to be able to interpret engineering drawings and identify and use the appropriate tooling to assemble parts to customer specification.
- The job requires basic IT skills however some basic guidance will be provided where required.
• The job requires a high degree of attention to detail; assessing parts you have produced to ensure they conform to specification.
Other Skills/ Abilities/ Personal Attributes:
- Works on initiative
- Team player
- Requires little supervision
- Proactive approach to work
- Good hand to eye co-ordination