Magellan Aerospace, Llay Wrexham has an exciting opportunity for a Skilled Assembly Fitter
- 42hours average per week on 24/7 shifts.
- Job location: Llay, Wrexham, LL12 0PB.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
To assemble sheet metal and machined components to customer specifications, following SOP’s, basic engineering drawings and specifications output to the required quality and cost.
Perks and Benefits
- A company culture that promotes work life balance
- Access to mental health support
- Business performance related bonus
- Career development opportunities
- Commitment to continued learning and development
- Perkbox - includes monthly treats and discounts from selected restaurants, cinemas, shops etc
- Long Service Awards
- Enhanced Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- Maintain a safe working environment for self and others
- To ensure work area complies to the company 6S standards
- To ensure assemblies are produced to SOP’s, drawings and specifications remaining compliant to the instructions given during the initial training course
- To use hand tools and approved techniques to the correct quality and cost
- Ability to identify when things are deviating from the standard and seek advice from approved personnel on how to rectify the issue
- The mixing and application of treatments and sealants in line with specifications
- The reporting of all errors including documentation errors through the use of the NCR process
- To work to the required production output in line with departmental targets and work to lists
- To ensure all tooling is present and of an acceptable standard prior to use and reporting any issues through the SQDCP process and maintaining any tooling in use
- To identify process improvements through the use off the TTT process
- To ensure any associated paperwork is completed in line with company policies and procedures i.e. Job card integrity, reporting any non-conformances through the NCR process
- To ensure that processing times for the work is adhered to and reporting where not through the use of the SQDCP boards
The job holder should possess the following qualifications, skills and experience:-
- Basic level of education.
- NVQ Level 3 in Aeronautical Engineering or relevant field
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience
- Be able to interpret engineering drawings and identify and use the appropriate tooling to assemble parts to customer specification.
- Basic IT skills however some basic guidance will be provided where required.
- Experience with Drilling, Riveting, Hooking and Sealing
- The job requires a high degree of attention to detail; assessing parts you have produced to ensure they conform to specification.
- Works on initiative
- Team player
- Requires little supervision
- Proactive approach to work
- Good hand to eye co-ordination
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!