Our client, a leading producer of high calcium and dolomitic quicklime, hydrated lime, special grade limestone, and crushed limestone aggregates, has an immediate opening for a Site Operations Manager.
The Site Operations Manager acts as the business owner and is responsible for safety of employees, community relationships, customers and P&L.
- Lead and ensure compliance to legislated regulations
- Develop and maintain a highly productive team of management and hourly employees by constantly driving training, communications, employee involvement, and continuous improvement
- Direct and integrate all of the operations/manufacturing facility
- Ensure that all parties adhere to the site health and safety program, and develops habits of safe workmanship and conduct that enhance business performance
- Ensure that all parties adhere to the environmental compliance program
- Drive continuous improvement, leading activities and programs, which eliminate variation and errors in processes, and embed Best Practices throughout the operation
- Ensure that all parties adhere to labor contracts, and develops habits of workmanship and conduct that enhance business performance
- Identify all costs and implements all cost reduction projects which are consistent with budgets and business plans, quality requirements, and available resources.
- Ensure the execution of the daily production plan. Explains significant variances from the plan and provides leadership for improvements within the operations groups
PLEASE APPLY OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT LARRY STAUFFER AT email@example.com
- Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in mining, chemical or mechanical engineering and business
- 5+ years of experience in operations management within a manufacturing, mining, steel, refractory or heavy industry / plant environment
- Experience with preventive and predictive maintenance, ISO/QS quality systems, value-stream mapping and waste elimination, visual metrics and measurements of performance, activity-based costing, safety and environmental management systems
- Experience with employee involvement in continuous improvement processes, training and coaching of supervisors and hourly employees, negotiations with union committees
- Understanding of basic workings of plant equipment – mechanical/electrical exposure;
- Proven in leading operational excellence through applying behavior based management
- Fluency in spoken and written English