Title: Signal Superintendent
City: San Mateo
Job Type: Direct-hire
Job Code: EB-1191563789
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Signal Superintendent to work on-site with our client, a world-class Construction Management company. This is a direct-hire position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry-leading talent in a world-class environment.Job Description:
The Superintendent is the company representative who has the primary responsibility for all field operations, including the coordination of subcontractors’ work. Superintendent is responsible for all field activities associated with the project, including ultimate responsibility for implementation of Safety/Zero Harm program for the jobsite, supervision of all field construction work by subcontractors and self-performed work. Shares responsibility with the project manager for developing the project budget, actively participating in the preconstruction phase, and ensuring that the project is built on time, within budget, and according to company policies and procedures. Manages and mentors assistant superintendents and other field personnel. 30 hours of OSHA training once every four years, or maintain STS certification.Essential Functions
Project Financial Responsibilities:
- Helps the project manager review and update progress and cost reports, schedules, and requirements for completion on a regular basis.
- Actively participates in development and management of project’s general conditions, construction schedule, project planning/phasing, and buyout strategy during preconstruction.
- Participates in preconstruction planning, when possible, regarding the project schedule and budget. Reviews project estimates and cost control system at the beginning of the project.
- Communicates with subcontractors and employees (along with the project manager) a consistent level of expectations and direction regarding schedules, construction methods, company policies and procedures, permits, safety/loss prevention, sustainability program, quality control, and other performance standards.
- Ensures all employees have relevant safety/loss prevention training for their position.
- Participates in making scopes for subcontracts and pre-bid/post-bid meetings.
Project Start-up and Scheduling:
- Thoroughly understands project specifications, the contract, and the contract’s general conditions, and confirms that all materials and subcontract work comply with contract documents and quality specifications.
- Explores and advises the project team on appropriate changes in methods, materials schedules, and procedures. Ensures all materials are properly tested according to specifications and ensures that all test results are properly recorded.
Project Administration, Operations and Close-out:
- Ensures that project site and company assets are secure. Communicates individual safety roles, responsibilities and expectations to our clients, Operations staff, subcontractors, vendors and the public that maintains a safe and respectful working environment at all times.
- Manages and implements programs for safety, sustainability, Equal Employment Opportunity, risk management, training, and quality control.
- Manages and documents employee and subcontractor problems or nonperformance (along with the project manager) through mentoring/training, disciplinary action, termination, back charges, or other appropriate actions.
- Reviews and approves all bills for materials and subcontractor requisitions. Confirms that extra charges from subcontractors/suppliers are reasonable and work is correctly executed. Coordinates with project manager for approval on extra charges.
- Facilitates weekly project progress and safety meetings with all subcontractor representatives and coordinates the upcoming week’s work. Partners with Loss Prevention Professionals assigned to the project site. Attends all progress meetings with the owner/architect representatives.
- Keeps owners/architects informed of progress throughout the life of the project.
- Ensures that the project closeout process is finalized to settle all financial obligations, demobilize all resources, and transition the project to the client.
Promote Customer Relations:
Education, Experience and Knowledge
- Builds effective relationships with customers, design team, subcontractors, suppliers, and user groups that reflect and support company core values and meets or exceeds the customer’s expectations.
- Makes presentations to proactively seek new business opportunities through relationships.
- Culture, Leadership and Employee Development:
- Promotes the Creed. Communicates vision and purpose through Service, Talent, and Choices.
- Builds and stretches people and self by providing challenging assignments, achievable and motivational development plans, and ongoing actionable and candid feedback that help employees achieve career goals.
- Negotiates skillfully in tough situations with internal and external parties by winning concessions without damaging relationships and being direct and diplomatic.
- Acts in a manner of integrity that shows support for the company, its values, and the employees, while maintaining constant focus on meeting or exceeding customer requirements and expectations.
- Perform other related duties as needed
- B.S. in Construction Management, Engineering, Business, or a related field preferred and 7+ years of experience. Depending upon the project size, scope, and complexity the years of experience may vary.
- Rail experience is required.
- New hires are required to sign up for OSHA courses and complete them within the first six months of employment.
- Demonstrates solid presentation skills and verbal/written communication skills.
- Exhibits commitment to quality by evaluating project-related processes and making necessary changes, using customer input to make improvements, and meeting or exceeding internal and external customer expectations.
- Demonstrates proficiency using a personal computer (PC) and company communication tools, such as email, internet, and Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office, Outlook).
- Base Salary
- Comprehensive Medical Benefits.
- Employer Contributions to 401K Pension Plan [to 4% max]
- Vacation/Sick pay in accordance with Company Policy.
Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls please.
Our client is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer. They promote a drug free workplace and utilize the government’s E-Verify process.