Magellan Aerospace has an exciting career opportunity for a full-time permanent Shop Supervisor at our manufacturing hub in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Shift work may be required.
The Shop Supervisor utilizes strong people, technical and leadership skills in managing teams to achieve the business goals of on-time delivery and quality performance in a cost effective manner. This role supervises the application of labour and resources of the assigned cell/department to ensure conformance to customer specifications. The Shop Supervisor works co-operatively with their peers and management to deliver these requirements, including striving for continuous improvement of the processes.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive (FLEX) benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- On-site gym
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- Flexible work hours
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Essential Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Supervise the manufacturing of parts to customer specification using specified methods and tooling.
- Coordinate the application of support functions within the assigned department/cell to ensure material plans are achieved.
- Optimize and track shop performance (efficiency and utilization) commensurate with above.
- Ensure adherence to company policy and labour agreement, including initial administration of local grievance and other personnel related activities associated with the departments being supervised.
- Responsible for recommending improvements to the overall operations of their respective department/cell.
- Agree and monitor performance of department/cell to budgets for attendance, consumable spending, clocking performance and overtime.
- Maintain the operating condition of all equipment within departmental jurisdiction and coordinate any repair/P.M. action with maintenance.
- Ensure conformance with all Health and Safety regulations.
Position Requirements / Qualifications
- Three (3) to five (5) years of supervisory experience in a Manufacturing environment.
- Health and Safety supervisor training.
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field.
- Supervisory/managerial development training.
- Material and Manufacturing Resource Planning, including a working understanding of capacity resource planning applicable to workload.
- Understanding of the use of statistical tools, such as Statistical Process Control, Six Sigma, 6S, Lean Manufacturing techniques, including Corrective Actions in a team based environment.
- A working knowledge of ISO9000:2000 and/or AS9100 Quality systems.
- Fabrication and assembly of sheet metal components / machining / electronics manufacturing / composite manufacturing.
- Strong PC skills, and understanding of MRP.
- Ability to work shift work to align with operational requirements is required. This will include the ability to work midnight and/or evening shifts on a semi-permanent basis as scheduled.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.