Magellan Aerospace, Kitchener has a new opportunity for a General Labourer / Janitor. The successful incumbent will be responsible for loading and unloading outside transportation vehicles and conduct janitorial duties. The range for this position is $17.25/hr - $19.30/hr, depending on experience.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Employee Social & Charity Association
- Employee Assistance Program (where applicable)
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- Free parking
- Operate tow motor to allow for movement between departments internally
- Load and unload outside transportation vehicles
- Perform janitorial duties such as cleaning of shop floor, including men’s/ladies washrooms, lunch rooms, water fountain, etc
- Unpack products, verify paperwork to parts (P/N, S/N, Qty, etc.) (raw material & hardware)
- Pack and protect product for outside processing
- Pack for final ship product to the customer – pack and protect
- Assist transportation trucks
- Pick orders for production floor for raw material, and assembly
- Work very closely with Shipping Administrator and Manager of Shipping/Receiving
- Candidate must be detailed orientated.
- Must be able to read, write and understand English, with the ability to accept and follow both verbal and written instructions.
- Must be able to perform lifting, positioning, moving of parts and machinery, paint masking, janitorial, shipping and receiving and deburring
- Possess knowledge of cleaning and janitorial work
- Possess strong knowledge of health and safety policy and practices.
- Ability to operate a lift truck along with the required knowledge to pass the test required for a certified lift truck operator is considered an asset.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!