Your job will consist of monitoring the inspection of all incoming and outgoing materials, including business-critical Military aircraft parts. Manages and supervises employees to ship, receive, record, and maintain control of all materials shipped out of and received into the warehouse while also maintaining a clean and organized warehouse. Ensures compliance with internal control procedures by counting inventory at various locations within the warehouse and matching results with inventory records. The shipping and receiving lead will conduct themselves in an appropriate and professional manner at all times with all employees and outside services. Working directly with the Production, you will be responsible to understand the daily priorities and make sure they are handled timely and effectively. Additionally, you will perform any “hands on” tasks, and/or reassign tasks so that the department maximizes the Company’s efficiency and customer satisfaction.
Perks and Benefits
• Competitive salary
• Attractive benefits package
• Generous 401k Pension Plan
• Positive work-life balance
• Excellent career progression opportunities
• Commitment to professional growth
• Employee Assistance Program
• Fully paid Tuition Assistance Program (where applicable)
• Free parking
• Performs incoming inspection of various parts or components.
• Assures that items received are in accordance with purchase order requirements (qty., p/n, rev., special handling notes, etc.).
• Assembles orders, check documents and reports shortages/overages.
• Prepare appropriate paperwork in conjunction with procedures.
• Receive incoming goods, confirm accuracy and route appropriately.
• Coordinates with other associates as needed.
• Assures all quality control documents are complete and included in outgoing shipments.
• Determines space requirements and position of shipment in trucks and lays out position of shipment.
• Ensures that materials shipped and received are verified against pertinent documentation
• Responsible for the timely processing of expedited deliveries
• Assists with customer complaints and the timing issues of order processing to determine the root cause and improve processes
• Prioritizes staff workload as necessary to create an effective and efficient work environment; must be able to supervise and train employees effectively
• Accountable for staffing, training, coaching, and developing staff within area of responsibility; develops team effort; builds morale by confronting negative attitude
• Maintains a safe work environment by adhering to and enforcing safe work practices and following safety practice.
• Responsible for supervising shipping, receiving, efficient and safe material handling, storage, distribution and transportation of goods
• Safely operates equipment including forklift, stretch wrap machine and other required equipment.
• Demonstrates a positive attitude and teamwork in meeting goals and objectives
• Commitment to process excellence by ensuring proper, efficient and accurate use of the process
• Communicates well with leadership, team members and other departments
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
• Minimum of 3-5 years of management experience in shipping & receiving preferred.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!