This is an exciting opportunity to join Magellan Aerospace. This position would include distribution of supplies, unloading of raw materials, and warehouse upkeep among the few.
Magellan Aerospace, Glendale offers excellent career opportunities, competitive salary, health and pension benefits packages. Starting salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
• Distribution of supplies from purchasing stockroom and/or department delivery
• Unloading of raw materials from freight trucks to warehouse
• Warehouse upkeep: all material in proper place, aligned neatly & rotated when new stock arrives. Floors to be free from all debris & swept often. This will also apply to all material outside of warehouse, (Westside location)
• Monitor & maintain inventory levels inside & outside warehouse
• Process all incoming orders by opening boxes, verify against receiving paperwork & purchase order
• Record in computer (receive) & print reports
• Process copies of receivers & purchase orders for accounting
• Maintain purchase orders & all associated paperwork until order is received in full
• Keep track of backorder items & continual follow up until order is complete
• Operate forklift and other shipping department equipment
• Filing when necessary
• Handle special projects
Cross-train in shipping
• Dipping parts in preservative bath( let excess drain off)(magnesium parts only)
• Read melt number, bag parts and write melt number on outside of bag
• Choose appropriate size box for parts. Weight not to exceed 50 pounds.
• Put anti-static plastic in box
• Spray small amount of foam in box. Let expand.
• Place parts in box and cover with more plastic.
• Fill out label with part number, melt number and quantity then place label on upper left corner of box.
• Place box on shelf in proper rack or on a pallet for immediate shipment
• For immediate shipment make out shipping labels and packing slips.
• Valid driver’s license
• Ability to lift up 50 lbs. or more
• Must have good attendance record
• Forklift experience or certifiable
• Computer experience: Electronic receiving experience, basic Excel knowledge, ability to navigate the internet for ordering purposes
• Work overtime when required
• Decision making & problem solving skills
• Superior people skills
• Excellent written & verbal communication skills
• Ability to follow directions & work under limited supervision
As an ITAR regulated facility all candidates must be a U.S. citizen or possess a current U.S. Permanent Residency card. This job description is used to describe the general nature of the position only and is not inclusive of all duties and responsibilities.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.