Magellan Aerospace Glendale has a great opportunity for Shipper/Receiver to join our team and contribute to the successful work of the department.
We offer a full benefits package including paid holidays and vacation your first year of employment (pro-rated). Medical, dental and vision is offered at 90 days employment. 401(k) with employer match is available after 3 months of continuous employment. We have company paid life insurance, short term and long term disability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilize relevant equipment (expanding foam machine, paper machine, forklift, electric lift, pallet jack, hand truck and load bander, etc.) to prepare, pack and unpack incoming and outgoing shipments
- Read melt number, wrap parts and label with a the appropriate log number
- Fill out label with part number, melt number and quantity then place label on upper left corner of box.
- Complete other relevant paperwork pertaining to incoming or outgoing shipments
- Arrange shipment boxes in proper order or on a pallet for immediate shipment
- Complete, print and address shipping labels for immediate/urgent shipments
- Dip manufactured components which are to be shipped, in preservative bath when necessary before packing
Skills / Knowledge Requirements
- Minimum 3 years coordinating quality management system in AS9100 or ISO9000 certified manufacturing facility, or similar experience.
- Experience as Lead Auditor for internal audits to AS9100 and Nadcap requirements.
- American Society for Quality (ASQ) certification preferred.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are a part of the team!
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being pe1formed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job. As an ITAR regulated facility all candidates must be a U.S. citizen or possess a current U.S. Permanent Residency card.