Duties & Responsibilities
We represent one of the most stable and fastest growing Fortune 200 manufacturing companies in the U.S. In this lean manufacturing environment, hard work is rewarded with above average compensation and benefits. Our client believes that teamwork and safety are critical to their work environment. This company is looking for people who desire to build a long-term career. The company has never had a layoff in their 50-plus year history and advancement opportunities are abundant for solid performers. Our client is environmentally friendly and is the nation's largest recycler of scrap steel.
We are looking for Shipping Supervisor to coordinate the plant safety/quality culture and operational processes for a multi-shift shipping team. The supervisor must set daily, short and long range goals/objectives for the shipping functions, manage the finished goods warehousing, identify operator competency and training requirements, plan and conduct meetings, communicate inter-departmentally and enforce the division’s management system. The shipping team works closely with Sales, Transportation, and Mill team members and must handle multiple priorities concurrently.
Application Instructions: Use the online application, or email your resume directly to Derek Collins at email@example.com .
- Proven commitment to safety, and the ability to create a culture of safety in their team
- Supervisory experience in a Logistics or Technical Field
- Positive problem solver
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Promoter of continuous improvement
- Proven motivator with an outstanding work ethic
- A demonstrated teamwork style approach to leading with outstanding abilities in relationship building
- Willingness to set high expectations for your team and hold them accountable for meeting those expectations
- Strong organizational skills with a proven ability to prioritize and lead projects
- Demonstrated record of maintaining a positive attitude when faced with adversity and to persist in the completion of tasks despite the level of difficulty or frustration involved
- Shipping Experience
- 4 year Degree in a Logistics or Technical field
Our client offers a full benefits package including medical/dental, 401K, profit sharing and educational reimbursement.
Keywords: Safety, Shipping, Leadership, Logistics, Technical, Steel, Mill