Small manufacturing company in Ann Arbor, MI is looking for a highly organized and efficient shipping/receiving clerk to take over the shipping and receiving components of our operation. The successful candidate will handle both initial shipping/receiving and any returns or replacements. When necessary, he or she will also cross-train and participate in other aspects of the business, The ideal candidate will have the ability to handle a wide range of administrative and production support related tasks.
The ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a small business environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, and resourceful, with a high level of professionalism is important for success in this role. Excellent communication, organization, and computer skills, are equally important.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Highly organized
- Strong computer skills
- Able to work independently with little or no supervision
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Data entry experience or aptitude
- Comfortable asking questions and making decisions, sometimes under tight deadlines
- Receive products from vendor deliveries.
- Compare packing list to company purchase order and ensure that the products on the packing list match the delivery.
- Enter vendor receipts into system
- Ship customer orders
- Enter and track RMA’s for orders returned by customers.
- Assist in other areas of plant when needed