Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace, Kitchener has a new opportunity for a Shipper/Receiver. The successful incumbent will be responsible for loading and unloading outside transportation vehicles, deburring and conduct janitorial duties. The pay for this position is $19/hr
- Lift, position, and move parts and machinery
- Perform janitorial duties such as cleaning of shop floor, including men’s/ladies washrooms, lunch rooms, water fountain, etc.
- Operate lift truck
- Load and unload outside transportation vehicles
- Unpack products, verify paperwork to parts (P/N, S/N, Qty, etc.) (raw material & hardware)
- Pack and protect product for outside processing
- Pack for final ship product to the customer – pack and protect
- Assist transportation trucks
- Pick orders for production floor for raw material, and assembly
- Work very closely with Shipping Administrator and Manager of Shipping/Receiving
- Candidate must be detailed orientated.
- Must be able to read, write and understand English, with the ability to accept and follow both verbal and written instructions.
- Physical fitness and dexterity
- Knowledge of cleaning and janitorial work.
- Strong knowledge of health and safety policy and practices.
- The ability to operate a lift truck along with the required knowledge to pass the test required for a certified lift truck operator is considered a requirement.
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan supports public health COVID-19 guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)