Magellan Aerospace, Glendale has a great opportunity for a Shipper/Receiver. The successful incumbent will be responsible for utilizing relevant equipment (expanding foam machine, paper machine, forklift, electric lift, pallet jack, hand truck and load bander, etc.) to prepare, pack and unpack incoming and outgoing shipments.
Perks and Benefits
We offer a full benefits package including paid holidays and vacation your first year of employment (pro-rated). Medical, dental and vision is offered at 90 days employment. 401(k) with employer match is available after 3 months of continuous employment. We have company paid life insurance, short term and long term disability.
- Utilize relevant equipment (expanding foam machine, paper machine, forklift, electric lift, pallet jack, hand truck and load bander, etc.) to prepare, pack and unpack incoming and outgoing shipments
- Read melt number, wrap parts and label with a the appropriate log number
- Fill out label with part number, melt number and quantity then place label on upper left corner of box.
- Complete other relevant paperwork pertaining to incoming or outgoing shipments
- Arrange shipment boxes in proper order or on a pallet for immediate shipment
- Dip manufactured components which are to be shipped, in preservative bath when necessary before packing
- Choose appropriate size box for parts. Weight not to exceed 50 pounds.
- Put anti-static plastic in box
- Spray foam to cover parts and repeat as needed to fill box and finally sealing the box
- Place box on shelf in proper rack or on a pallet for immediate shipment.
- Making shipping labels and packing slips.
- Ability to lift up 70 lbs. or more
- Must have good attendance record
- Forklift experience or certifiable
- Decision making & problem solving skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to follow directions & work under limited supervision
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan’s policy states that the use of face masks is mandatory, this is consistent with applicable legislation and guidance from occupational health and safety regulators. All employees and visitors who enter our premises are screened for COVID-19 symptoms and are required to practice social distancing at all times. We have ensured that hand-sanitize stations are easily accessible and enhanced cleaning schedules have been implemented on a daily basis. Magellan supports public health guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.