Magellan Aerospace has a new opportunity for a Shipping and Receiving Operator. In this Full-Time Permanent Position, the successful incumbent will verify and keep records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepare items for shipment or internal processing by performing the following duties to quality and productivity standards.
Perks and Benefits
• Competitive salary
• Attractive benefits package
• Generous 401k Pension Plan
• Positive work-life balance
• Excellent career progression opportunities
• Commitment to professional growth
• Employee Assistance Program
• Fully paid Tuition Assistance Program (where applicable)
• Free parking
• Perform incoming inspection of various parts or components
• Receive incoming goods, confirm accuracy and route appropriately to shop floor
• Assure all quality control documents are complete and included in outgoing shipments.
• Determine space requirements and position of shipment in trucks and lays out position of shipment.
• Ensure that materials shipped and received are verified against pertinent documentation
• Responsible for the timely processing of expedited deliveries
• Maintain a safe work environment by adhering to and enforcing safe work practices and followinq safety practice
• Safely operate equipment including forklift, stretch wrap machine and other required equipment
• Perform all computer functions necessary to track various aspects of goods
• Report defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Active and valid driving license
• Experienced forklift truck operator preferred Factory-related experience preferred
• Will train if necessary
• This position can be physically demanding at times
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defense and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name "Magellan Aerospace Corporation" in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!