The company is seeking applicants for a Shift Supervisor in our International Falls, Minnesota facility.
Responsible for the day-to-day management of the Riverside area on shift. The process areas may include any site of the mill. Still, they will focus on the Pulp/Bleach, Power and Recovery, Chip Production, and the environmental regions of the mill to resolve daily issues.
- Responsible for employee safety, environmental compliance, machine efficiency, product quality, and crew training.
- Responsible for crew meetings and communicating effectively to crew members and the day shift management team, ensuring and reinforcing that safety is a number one priority.
- Resolve short and long-term cost and productivity issues.
- Lead troubleshooting of equipment operation problems by ensuring that crews are trained to operate the machine(s) safely and effectively.
- Assist in identifying productivity, quality, and efficiency bottlenecks.
- Exercise leadership to improve safety and develop self-directed work teams.
- Ability to work with other paper machine supervisors effectively and maintain a successful continuous operation.
- Effective daily communication with crew, peers, and day shift management.
- Responsible for administrative/ personnel issues on shift.
- Respond to other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, chemical, or bio-resource (pulp & paper) science engineering or 3+ years in a similar leadership role.
- 3 + years experience in paper mill operations.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Supervisory management with experience in hiring, coaching, performance development, and corrective action.
The successful candidate must possess the following Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Must have strong demonstrated leadership skills and the proven ability to lead effective teams.
Problem-solving skills and the ability to implement change positively are required.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
Strong computer skills required, including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook.