PURPOSE: The Shift Manager is responsible for leading their entire designated crew for safety, production, training, maintenance, and housekeeping at this recycled paperboard manufacturing operation in the Midwest US.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Report to Manufacturing Manager any information that may impede the operation of the plant as soon as it becomes known.
- Team management and guidance on a rotating shift basis
- Ability to lead and develop team individuals on crew and recognize training opportunities for all individuals
- Provide paper making and stock preparation expertise to optimize process systems
- Implement downtime and cost reduction opportunities
- Assist operations and maintenance in troubleshooting process systems to minimize or eliminate safety, environmental, quality or production problems
- Work individually or with team members to develop scopes, estimates, and justification for projects
- Understand quality and specifications of all grades produced and understanding correlation to machine settings
- Daily reports, conducting shift meetings, safety training and management
- Comply with company policies and procedures
- Additional duties as assigned by management
- Willing to work 12 hour rotating shift work
- B.S./A.S. degree, professional training, or military experience required
- Hands on paper making experience is a must
- At least 5 to 10 years of Paper Mill manufacturing experience
- Ability to gather information and perform root cause analysis and problem solving
- Ability to create reports for review by upper management
- Ability to lead teams in waste reduction efforts
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Advanced knowledge and experience in paper making, process engineering, &plant operations.
- Experience with DCS Control Systems
Pulp & Paper