endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
This position is responsible for managing the day to day mechanical maintenance activities within the respective area of responsibility to ensure a reliable, safe, and continually improved operation. This position will also be responsible for the supervision of maintenance technicians. This person must develop into a maintenance expert on the detailed workings of mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and water systems. This person must act as a coach to their employees, and ensure that they have the tools, and knowledge required to safely perform their job. This job requires management of a spending budget, project management skills, and a thorough understanding of the process needed to properly maintain the equipment in their area. This position will typically be a rotating shift and may require additional hours on an on-call basis.
- This first level supervisory position manages and coordinates the maintenance activities or operations on an assigned shift or multiple shifts within a single operations department or unit
- Requires high level of technical proficiency to supervise production or maintenance activities and assist operators with troubleshooting and problem resolution
- Performs a variety of tasks independently that contributes to the effective communication and instruction of the methods, practices, and programs of the company
- Responsible for personnel matters, including training, development, discipline, safety programs and policies for direct reports
- Supervises completion of work assignments following established department plans; makes daily assignments and participates in training and development of A2 level Shift Managers
- Directs the activities of employees on an assigned shift to ensure maintenance, service, or production functions are performed and completed within established timing, quality, and cost standards
- Monitors established performance indicators and continually works to identify, prioritize, and evaluate opportunities for improvement
- This person would supervise MTM's, provide daily safety contacts, manage part of a $20 mill maintenance budget, ensure environmental compliance, and develop a maintenance strategy that would ensure a high level of equipment reliability
- Purchasing, Operations, Maintenance, Op Tech/Continuous Improvement, Accounting, Engineering, Vendors and Suppliers, Counterparts from other plants
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3 years of mechanical maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment
- 2 years' supervisory experience in a manufacturing/industrial environment for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field, including engineering or a non-technical including business management, operational supervision with 5 years’ experience working in a manufacturing/industrial environment
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.