endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
- Ensure compliance with safety and environmental standards. Perform safety, quality and environmental audits on a timely basis.
- Uphold and enforce safety, environmental, job procedures and maintain general discipline of the crew
- Monitor the operation and intercede promptly with corrective action, coordinating multiple disciplines in the execution of these duties.
- Schedule and supervise hourly personnel, working directly with them on the shop floor and from the shift manager’s office. Ensure direct reports receive proper training and utilization, while establishing an equitable relationship focused on excellence in safety and production.
- Work with maintenance organization, planners, and schedulers in developing work lists for repair and/or preventative maintenance items.
- Make operational decisions in high-stress situations, following direction from superiors and abiding by corporate policies and procedures.
- Develop and perform studies to identify problems, make recommendations to achieve desired improvements, and communicate process improvement ideas to workforce that promote reliability, quality and productivity.
- Supervise a turn crew of operating and maintenance personnel in the assigned operating unit.
- Communicate with upstream and downstream operations to coordinate work, deliveries and service
- Two-year technical or supervisory degree, or high school diploma with significant experience.
- Two (2) years of supervisory experience.
- Available to work rotating shifts, including weekends and holidays, in a multi-level organization that operates 24/7, and work extended hours as needed.
- Self-motivated with minimal direction required for day to day operations.
- Proven team building skills, works well with others of diverse backgrounds, and able to motivate others.
- Proven communication (verbal and written), analytical, organizational, and time management skills.
- Must be able to work in a hot, dusty environment. Climbing stairs, ladders, and walking inclines. Able to work/walk safely on uneven surfaces. Able to work outdoors in all weather.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bachelor’s Degree in supervision, technology, or related discipline.
- Five (5) years of supervisory experience in steel mill, manufacturing, process, production or equivalent facility.
- Successful track record working with a represented workforce in a heavy industrial setting.
- Knowledge of safety and health policies including key components of the OSHA regulations ASTM specifications.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.