A steel manufacturer who is a leading producer of high quality, flat-rolled carbon, stainless and electrical steel products has an immediate need for a Shift Manager – Steelmaking Operations.
- The Shift Manager Steelmaking Operations will be responsible for supervising and providing work direction to hourly union employees in the Melt Shop.
- Supervise and provide work direction to hourly bargaining unit employees that operate a 175-ton electric arc furnace.
- Participate and implement the safety programs goals to ensure a safe work environment by conducting safety contacts, observations, meetings and audits.
- Adhere to the quality policy to promote continuous improvement of our products, processes, and services.
- Attain results through effective planning, organizing, controlling, and assignment of priorities.
- Identify basic problem(s), gather the appropriate information, and analyze in an effective manner.
- Make decisions with a clear business focus on safety, quality, and productivity.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Previous supervisory and/or co-op experience in steelmaking
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Willingness and ability to work directly on the shop floor in a heavy manufacturing environment
- The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and thrive in a fast paced work environment with complex operations
- Willingness to work rotating shifts, weekends, and holidays
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in technical or engineering discipline
- Supervisory experience in a union environment.