A steel manufacturer who is a leading producer of high quality, flat-rolled carbon, stainless and electrical steel products has an immediate need for a Shift Manager Shop Coordination – Steelmaking.
The position will be responsible for tracking the flow of heats through the Melt Shop and managing and providing work direction for the company’s hourly union employees.
- Supervise and provide work direction for hourly bargaining unit employees.
- Implement the safety program’s goals to ensure a safe work environment by conducting safety contacts, observations, meetings, and audits.
- Adhere to the quality policy to promote continuous improvement of our products, processes, and services.
- Maintain the flow of heats through the melt shop.
- Manage Ladle Metallurgy Furnace (LMF) process.
- Attain results through effective planning, organizing, controlling, and assignment of priorities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Broad knowledge of melting and casting steel or other metals
- Ability to coordinate and execute a multitude of projects with minimal supervision within the allotted time and budget
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Willingness and ability to work directly on the shop floor in a heavy manufacturing environment
- Willingness and ability to work rotating shifts, weekends, and holidays
- Previous supervisory and/or co-op experience in an industrial environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or other engineering discipline
- Specific knowledge of stainless, electrical and/or carbon steels
- Supervisory experience in a union environment
- Challenging work
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- Bonus program
- Tuition reimbursement