A major American Steel manufacturer has an opening for a Shift Manager Power
The Shift Manager Power will be responsible for all high voltage transmission, power distribution, rotating equipment, air compressors, and associated equipment along with supervising hourly union employees.
- Supervise and provide work direction for union employees in the Power department.
- Implement safety goals and objectives to ensure a safe work environment by conducting safety contacts, observations, meetings, and audits.
- Coordinate the operation, maintenance, testing, installation and metering of all plant electrical systems. Responsible for all AC systems utilizing 138kV, 25kV, 13.8kV, 6.9kV, 2.3kV and DC systems rated at 750 VDC and 250 VDC.
- Analyze equipment needs and ensure equipment reliability.
- Assist with planning and managing outages and interface with operating and maintenance departments during outages. This includes coordinating work with contractors.
- Perform other duties as required.
- 5+ years experience with high-voltage power distribution equipment, AC/DC motors, and compressed air systems
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Electrical supervisory experience or Associate’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology or Electronics
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology
- Supervisory experience in a union environment