A major steel manufacturer has an immediate need for a Shift Manager Operations at their Mid-Atlantic mill facility. The Shift Manager Operations will be responsible for providing daily work direction while ensuring that safety, environmental safety and quality, product quality, and productivity are the focus for all area hourly union employees. The Shift Manager is also the point of contact for all matters regarding the processing of materials through the department.
- Supervise and provide work direction to hourly bargaining unit employees.
- Participate and implement the safety program’s goals to ensure a safe work environment by conducting safety contacts, observations, meetings and audits.
- Adhere to the quality policy to promote continuous improvement of our products, processes and services.
- Attain results through effective planning, organizing, controlling, and assignment of priorities.
- Identify basic problem(s), gather the appropriate information, and analyze in an effective manner.
- Make decisions with a clear business focus on safety, quality, and productivity.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Previous supervisory and/or co-op experience in an industrial environment
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Willingness to work rotating shifts, weekends, and holidays
- Associates or Bachelors’ degree in technical or engineering discipline
- Supervisory experience in a union environment