A steel manufacturer who is a leading producer of high quality, flat-rolled carbon, stainless and electrical steel products, used primarily in the automotive, infrastructure and manufacturing, construction and electrical power generation and distribution markets has an immediate need for a Shift Manager Maintenance
Duties and responsibilities:
- Supervise and direct the work of hourly bargaining unit employees. Plan, manage, and review their work performance.
- Implement safety goals and objectives by conducting safety contacts, observations, and meetings.
- Assist in coordinating planned equipment outages and standard down turns.
- Analyze equipment needs, ensure equipment reliability, and develop PPM programs.
- Manage equipment troubleshooting, repairs, root cause analysis, and equipment improvements.
- Strong analytical skills for problem solving
- Experience in heavy manufacturing to include mechanical/electrical/hydraulic/pneumatic troubleshooting skills
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Willingness to work rotating shifts, weekends, and holidays
- Associates or Bachelors degree in technical or engineering discipline
- Supervisory experience in a union environment.