A steel manufacturer who is a leading producer of high quality, flat-rolled carbon, stainless and electrical steel products has an immediate need for a Shift Manager – Cast.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Supervise, schedule, and provide work direction for hourly bargaining unit that operate two double-strand continuous casters.
- Ensure safety, environmental, quality and productivity performance for the Casting department. Conduct safety meetings and make safety contacts and observations.
- Ensure compliance with Quality Standard Operating Procedures.
- Utilize a planned approach to continuous improvement related to products, processes and services to assure customer satisfaction.
- Assist in the resolution of equipment and processing issues through root-cause analysis and develop corrective actions.
- Coordinate the flow of product through the melting/refining/casting operation.
- Experience in working directly on the shop floor in a heavy manufacturing environment
- Willingness and ability to work rotating shifts, weekends, and holidays
- Strong leadership experience and skills with the ability to provide direction to others
- Exceptional analytical skills for problem solving as well as excellent communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Direct experience with steelmaking, melting, refining or casting steel (carbon, stainless and electrical steels)
- Supervisory experience in a union environment