A steel manufacturer who is a leading producer of high quality, flat-rolled carbon, stainless and electrical steel products has an immediate need for a Shift Manager – AOD.
- The Shift Manager AOD will be responsible for providing work direction to a small crew of hourly union employees while understanding and working with the AOD Model to process various types of heats (electrical, carbon, and stainless).
- Supervise and provide work direction for hourly bargaining unit employees that operate a 175-ton Argon-Oxygen Decarburization (AOD) unit.
- Ensure adherence to safety, environmental, quality and productivity performance standards in a melting environment.
- Implement safety goals and objectives to ensure a safe work environment by conducting safety contacts, observations, meetings, and audits.
- Utilize a planned approach to continually improve products, processes and services to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Make decisions relating to meeting final chemistry quality specifications.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Willingness and ability to work directly on the shop floor in a heavy manufacturing environment
- Willingness to work rotating shifts, weekends, and holidays
- Strong leadership skills and experience with the ability to provide direction to others
- Exceptional analytical skills for problem solving as well as excellent communication skills
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Word and Excel
- The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and thrive in a fast paced steelmaking environment.
- Bachelors degree in Materials Science or Chemical Engineering
- Direct experience with steelmaking and melting steel (carbon, stainless and electrical steels).