PURPOSE: The Shift Coordinator will have overall accountability and direct supervision of the mill production on shift, including in the areas of safety, productivity, cost and quality throughout this integrated paper mill in the Southeast. Looking for solid leadership background and technical knowledge of paper making.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Overall accountability and direct involvement of mill results on shift, areas include safety, productivity, cost and quality
- Must possess management and leadership skills needed to maximize individual performance and discretionary efforts of crew members while building a cohesive team mill wide
- Provide supervisory and coaching support mill wide as needed
- Assist in administration of Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Coordinate operating and maintenance activities as required, with considerations given to priorities and operational needs in all areas of the mill.
- Thorough understanding of the Pulp & Paper operations, minimum of 5 years experience
- Active participant in the Health & Safety Management system.
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Perceived as a good performer in current and previous positions
- Decision making/problem solving ability under pressure
- Ability to effectively lead a work team to produce a result
- Presentation skills to lead safety meetings, etc.
- Energetic management style, engages others in the business
Pulp & Paper